Blacked-Eyed Pea Dip
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 can Trappy's Black-Eyed Peas, drained
- 1 T cilantro, minced
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 T Sriracha hot chili sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blue corn tortilla's or your favorite chip
In a saute pan, add the olive oil and onions, cooking until transparent.
Add the kernels of corn and continue to cook over medium low heat.
Add the drained black-eyed peas and cook until most of the moisture is gone.
Mix in the cilantro, cumin and chili powder and stir well.
Since Sriracha is hot, I recommend incorporating a bit at a time unless you have a heat resistant palette!
1 tablespoon is perfect for my family, but you can add more or less.
Salt and pepper to taste and remove from pan and place into serving bowl.
Let cool to room temperature and serve with Blue Corn Tortilla chips or whatever you have on hand!