- 2 lbs. bottom round, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 T. flour
- 1 med. red onion, cut into med. wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubes
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T rosemary, minced & crushed
- 2, 15 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 bottles brown ale beer
- 2 T. granulated beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t. caraway seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ciabatta bread, sliced and toasted
Making sure your beef is patted dry, dust all pieces with flour. Place beef, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic and rosemary into your slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and beer. Add beef bouillon, bay and caraway seeds. Cover slow cooker and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high, without removing the lid - no peeking!!!
Check for tenderness of meat at the end of the cooking time, salt and pepper to taste.
Slice and toast the Ciabatta bread, serve the stew in bowls and enjoy!
Post a Comment