Artichoke and Pepper Marinated Salad
- Red, Orange and Yellow Peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (non marinated kind)
- 1/2 med red onion, thinly sliced
- black olives, sliced
- fresh basil, thinly sliced (into ribbons)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Mis en place - prepare by seeding and julienning your peppers, keeping in mind that thinner is better. Same with the red onion. Drain the artichoke hearts well and place everything into a bowl. To slice your basil into ribbons, place the leaves on top of one another and roll them up together, then slice through it all. Add the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and place in the refrigerator.
Variations for this salad that I love are topping fresh bread, as in Bruschetta. I also marinated Chicken Breasts and topped them with this. Delicious!
Bruschetta Style with marinated salad on bread.
Over marinated and grilled Chicken Breasts.