- 1 whole Roasted Chicken (I use Honey Jalapeno) de-boned and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 2 T chili powder
- cilantro, washed and chopped
- avocado, chopped
- 1 C Jack cheese, shredded
- corn tortilla's, sliced into strips and fried in oil, drained and salted
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime juice
In a large pot, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until transparent. Add chicken broth and carrots, celery and potatoes. Begin to simmer on medium heat. Next, de-bone and cut up your store bought roasted chicken and add that to the already simmering mixture as well as the corn, Rotel and chili powder. Cook on medium to medium low heat for an hour or until the vegetables are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
Chop your cilantro and avocado, set aside. Grate your cheese and set aside. Fry the corn tortilla strips in oil until golden... drain on paper towels and salt.
To assemble each serving, ladle soup into bowl. Top with grated cheese, cilantro, avocado, tortilla strips and squeeze a generous amount of lime on top! Delicious!
Post a Comment